Okay, so I already have a ton of ARCs that I need to read and review. What better way to get cracking then to particpate in a reading challenge? Devourer of Books and Lori’s Reading Corner are already participating, and I assume many others will too as soon as they find out about it. Here’s the info:
This challenge is being hosted by So Many Precious Books, So Little Time.
The challenge will run from June 21, 2008-September 21, 2008. It will be to help those of us with ARC’s to get in gear and read and review them.
Here are the rules:
1. Make a list of all of the ARC’s that you currently have and/or are on their way to you.
2. If you have:
1-3 ARC’s then pick at least one to read and review for this challenge.
4-6 ARC’s then pick at least two to read and review for this challenge.
7-9 ARC’s then pick at least three to read and review for this challenge.
10 or more Arc’s then pick at least 4 to read and review for this challenge.
3. Crossovers with other challenges are allowed.
4. List the books that you plan to read for this challenge (you can change it at any time, as long as the books you change are also ARCs). You can read the books on your list in any order.
5. Read the books and review them on your blog. If you don’t have a blog, you can post your review on sites like Amazon. Leave a comment on this post with a link to each of your reviews.
6. Be sure to leave a comment on this post with a link to your blog post about this challenge.
Okay…. so I’m being honest and listing all of the ARCs I have, and the ones I know I have coming to me. I feel guilty as some of these have been sitting here for a bit! Below is the list of the books I have, and the order I got them in (with a few exceptions: I bumped “The New Yorkers” up since it’s a LTER book, I bumped “The Triumph of Deborah” up since I was contacted by the author’s publicist and will be doing an interview, I pushed down “Snow Flower and the Secret Fan” because I can take my time with it, and I pushed down “Farworld” because I’m not supposed to publish my review until early August)
What’s here (and how I got it):
5. The Dangerous Joy of Dr. Sex and Other True Stories by Pagan Kennedy LTER member heads up and through SFWP)
6. The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson (just came in mail, never signed up for)
7. I, Robot by Howard Smith (LTER member heads up and through Shelf Awareness ad)
9. Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See (bookring/ray through LTER member)
12. The Suspicions of Mr. Whicher (LTER member heads up and through Shelf Awareness ad)
13. The Power Makers (LTER member heads up and through Shelf Awareness ad)
Okay so 13 is more than enough, and I have to pick four to really push. I’m going with 1-4. Pretty easy decision since I really need to get through those. If I finish (and I plan on doing so!) I’ll read the rest in the order I have listed 🙂 Gosh I’m just being so creative about this lol.
*Photo credit: Teddy Rose
From Lighthouse Park in West Vancouver, BC Canada
Missed my last post? It was REVIEW: “LOVER ENSHRINED” BY J.R. WARD.